What a week! I was finally able to tie up all the loose ends in Utah before coming out here(selling Dave's car, getting the trailer packed up with all our things, going to Emily's baby shower for the twins...), and we picked up and left on Friday, August 28th. It was a LOOONG drive. It seemed even longer to me because I hadn't seen Dave in 3 weeks and was very anxious to get there. Dad and Michael drove the trailer with Mom's van, and I drove my KIA behind them. I'm surprised it made the whole trip! We rolled in at about 8:30 on Saturday night and I rushed into Dave's arms!! I forgot how lucky I am to have him:) We unpacked the trailer surprisingly quickly and were able to go to Dave's new Station to watch the news live at 11:00. It was really interesting! Dad and Michael slept in our front room to get some sleep before they had to get up and drive ALL THE WAY BACK TO OREGON!! I am so incredibly thankful to them for their sacrifice for getting us out here. What a great family.
Sunday, we all went to church and then I sent Dad and Michael on the road, and Dave to work. Then I set to work on unpacking! Luckily, our new sweet relief society president gave me a meal to heat up that night so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking. What a blessing! I was able to get the front room and the kitchen completely unpacked before Dave got home AND had a Lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and cupcakes for dessert ready on the table. I felt like a super wife!
The next day Dave and I worked on the bathroom and the bedroom. We've made a lot of progress, but as you can see in the pictures below, there are still a couple piles of things that need a place. But it's a cute little apartment, I love it! We went grocery shopping and filled up the fridge and now are just getting back to our daily lives. I had a job interview on Wednesday at Ruby Tuesdays and was offered a job right there on the spot! Hopefully that's a good thing...I'll be starting work there on Wednesday of next week, after Dave and I go to Cedar Point(a pretty large theme park) for FREE on Monday(thanks to his reporter benefits) and after I have to give a 20 min presentation at Enrichment night about food storage Tuesday night(Yikes!!).
In the meantime, we discovered my car's registration expired in MARCH, and need to get some stuff fixed up before it will pass safety and emissions. Dang it! Apparently the police here are not very tolerant of that, either. Hopefully we won't get caught!
The town is kind of old, as are the people, we've discovered. I haven't seen many people under the age of 60, probably. But it's cute and we're getting used to it.
Dave's been having a lot of fun at his new job. It was difficult at first to learn the ropes, but he's catching on and actually had a really great package on the 10:00 news just last night! Maybe I'll figure out how to upload it. Anyways, here are the pictures of our little apartment that I promised. Our new abode!
I like it!!!! Make sure you get out and explore the town a lot! I'm so jealous!!
ReplyDelete