I love the endless possibilities of a new year...
Dave and I started reading a book that my Mother in Law got us for Christmas, called "debt-proof your marriage". It has totally inspired us, especially since we already have such a great head start. It feels great to know that you are being smart with your money.
After reading a few chapters, I also became inspired to "get out of debt" in other ways. For example, I've had more and more projects piling up in my "To Do Someday" pile, that I hardly know where to begin. So yesterday I pulled out my pile, made a list on paper of all the projects to be finished in them, and got started. It feels so good to check some of them off. And my New Years Resolution for the year is to work on any project I want for just one hour every day. Imagine how much I will get done by consistently working on something, instead of pulling it out every 6 months or so and trying to get it all done!
I figure it's the smartest thing to do to try and get all the projects I want done before we have any kids. That even includes trips we have wanted to take-going on another cruise, visiting New York City and Chicago while we're close by...maybe going out of the country for the first time in my life:)
I've felt very ambitious these past couple of days since the New Year! Hopefully that will drive me to do big things in 2010:)
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment